We offer all routine adult and child immunisations as well as comprehensive travel advice and prophylactic travel illness medications
There are several things to consider when planning your travel vaccinations, including:
- the country or countries you’re visiting – some diseases are more common in certain parts of the world and less common in others.
- when you’re travelling – some diseases are more common at certain times of the year; for example, during the rainy season.
- where you’re staying – in general, you’ll be more at risk of disease in rural areas than in urban areas.
- how long you’ll be staying – the longer your stay, the greater your risk of being exposed to diseases.
- your age and health – some people may be more vulnerable to infection than others, while some vaccinations can’t be given to people with certain medical conditions.
- if you are in contact with animals – in this case, you may be more at risk of getting diseases spread by animals, such as rabies.
If possible, consult us at least eight weeks before you’re due to travel. Some vaccinations need to be given well in advance to allow your body to develop immunity. Some also involve multiple doses spread over several weeks.
We offer the following vaccinations –