Hormone levels drop due to many factors including ageing and stress. Our practice specialises in normalising hormone levels in patients who are exhibiting signs of deficiency. Where possible, this is done using natural supplements and vitamins. In some cases we use low doses of bio identical hormone replacement therapies, safely with close monitoring.
Conditions that we have extensive experience treating:
- Thyroid issues leading to weight gain, fatigue, fluid retention brain fog and joint pains.
- Cortisol excess and deficiency leading to issues with weight management and fatigue.
- DHEA deficiency leading to fatigue and low libido.
- Pituitary hormone deficiency leading to many issues including headaches, deficiency of other hormones.
- Parathyroid hormone deficiency leading to low calcium and bone problems.
Common Male Concerns:
- Testosterone deficiency leading to sexual issues and loss of muscle mass.
- Oestrogen excess leading to weight gain and enlarged breast tissue.
Common Female Concerns:
- Oestrogen deficiency causing heavy periods, breast cysts, pain and weight gain.
- Late cycle progesterone deficiency resulting in mood swings and heavy, painful periods.
- Testosterone and DHEA deficiency leading to low libido, weight issues and mood disorders.
Bio identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT):
Bio identical hormones are hormones, usually made from plants, that exactly match your own hormones. They are used in small doses to relieve symptoms of hormone deficiency and normalise hormone levels.
For menopause our doctors can discuss your risk factors and family history to assess the risk and benefit ratio for BHRT treatment. We use much lower doses than those in the Woman’s Health Initiate Study of Oestrogen, which was halted in 2002 due to the observed increased risk of cancer.
Menopausal BHRT is used for treating menopausal symptoms including hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood changes, brain fog, dry skin, hair loss and memory deterioration.
Please consult with our doctors for a more in depth discussion regarding risks and benefits.