It’s not only wrinkles that make us look older. It’s actually the creases, hollows and sagging created as the fat pad on the cheeks thins and drops with age. Also our temporal area loses volume creating a skeletal look.
What fillers can treat?
Lifting and sagging
Cheek fillers can lift the lower face and improve nasolabial folds. Fillers in the jaw area can help with sagging around the jawline. Eyebrows can be lifted with filler over the bone.
8 Point lift
Dr Salmond has attended 2 training courses with Dr De Maio who invented this procedure for total facial lifting it is a combination of all the above areas for overall lifting and facial rejuvenation.
As we age, we lose the volume in our face that makes our skin look plump and youthful, so dermal fillers can be used to ‘fill out’ lines and wrinkles that botox can’t treat and replace lost volume in the skin. Loss of deep fat in the face (skeletonisation) is also ageing.
Areas that can be treated:
- Temporal area
- Under eye hollows / tear trough
- Nasolabial folds
What fillers do we use
We only use the best HA (hyaluronic acid) fillers. As different types of fillers are better suited to different facial areas, we offer a selection of fillers for different areas including Juvederm® and Teosyal® brands.
The temporary HA fillers, are very safe and there are few side effects. People with infected skin conditions should get the condition addressed first as this can increase the (very rare) risk of infection. Pregnant women or women who are breast feeding are not advised to have treatment with dermal fillers.
What to expect during your treatment
- Dr Salmond will discuss your concerns and advise on the most appropriate way to treat, the cost and the best filler type to use. Injections may be done over 2 sessions to ensure the most natural results
- Numbing cream and or ice will be used to minimise pain and all our fillers are combined with local anaesthetic therefore pain is minimal
- The treatment takes less than 45 minutes to complete, you’ll see results immediately, and you can get back to doing the things you enjoy right away.
After your treatment
- Side-effects include bruising at the injection site, redness, slight pain, and swelling. Redness and swelling should resolve within a few days after injection (it may last three days or slightly longer for lip injections).
Dr Nichola Salmond has been practicing aesthetic procedures such as Botox and Fillers for 9 years and is experienced in advanced techniques. She attends international training courses and conferences several times a year.
If you would like to discuss these treatments please book in for a consultation with Dr Salmond.